Friday, October 8, 2010

Judge tenderly of me.

I don't want to wake up at six every morning! I've always been a night owl, not an early bird. But my children have turned me into an early bird because they are night owls, and they sleep in until 7 or 8 am. This gives me exactly two hours to write!

This time is precious for me, not only do I get to unload this story on to my computer's memory, but I also get to be alone...all alone. I don't even turn on the lights! I just sit here and write by the light of my screen.

While I wait and wait and wait for the next step in the publishing world to take place, I have been writing the second book in my series, called "LIVING SOUL".

This story--I thought--would be easier to write, since I had to pretty much figure out what happened in this part of the story, before I finished the first one. Oh... it was hard to focus on the first novel and get that done, before I jumped into this one. I wrote bits and pieces of it here and there, when I couldn't restrain myself.

But now, that VEILED is done and third in line (I'm told) to be published, I am having a hard time with Living Soul. Inspiration is not really a problem, I make sure I wake up and inspire myself by drinking a hot sip of mate.




The trouble seems to be rooted more in that innate insecurity that we all feel at times. Emily Dickinson said it best, when she wrote:


"THIS is my letter to the world,
That never wrote to me,—
The simple news that Nature told,
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed 5
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment