Monday, December 26, 2016

Lip Balm

So, yeah, writing isn't what I do all the time. In fact, I only write for a few hours a day. The rest of the day I cook, homeschool, clean (a little), and experiment. 
 My husband has bees, and recently pulled a panel out of the hive for honey sampling. It was delicious! But I couldn't let the waxy comb go to waste, so I melted it with cocoa butter (I cut a stick of it. It looks like banana slices here), and coconut oil, and a couple of Vitamin E capsules for lip balm.
Inevitably, the comb had some honey in it, so the lip balm tastes like cocoa and honey. 
I put all those ingredients in my home made double boiler.
 As you can see, its very high-tech. But it did the job of melting all those ingredients together. 

The lip balm ended up being presents for my nieces, along with some home made soap to which I also added honeycomb. 

What do all these things have to do with my book? Absolutely nothing! Other than one of my nieces is reading Indigo, and she commented: "How does Silvina come up with all this stuff?" Her question sent my mind into a whirl of philosophizing. (I like to philosophize--its another hobby!)
What I came up with is this: Creativity is the spice of life. Not the salt, but the spice. The salt would be a moral code (religion). A spice added to a dish gives it direction. For example, if you add cumin, cardamon, cloves, pepper, turmeric, and ginger; you get a curry spice. If you add cumin, garlic, paprika, and smoked jalapeno peppers; you get chilli seasoning.
--Did I rant long enough? 
--Yes, I think I have.
--What do you get from all this convoluted information? 
--Go leave me reviews for Indigo! Yup. That's the message you need to be taking away from all this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment