Saturday, October 23, 2010

What Lies Within.



I am sure many of you have seen this many times before, I personally never get tired of watching it. The callousness of the judges and the people toward this frumpy looking woman, then the change once she sings that first note.

What I see when I watch this clip is not just a social problem, but a metaphor for the soul.

To me this proves that we are not just our crust. We are much much more! Inside each and every one of us lies a soul with infinite talent, beauty and worth. A soul that has the capacity to change the world, to influence people and shine so brightly at times that others can't help but notice.

Susan Boyle brought more than cheers to that audience, she brought change. She made us look inward for a moment and helped us see the beauty that lies within each of us.

Never doubt we are Divine! Never.

3 comments:

  1. I can't help but cry when I see this or listen to her there is something in her voice, body and soul that invokes my humanity to stand reverent and towards the light. It's an involuntary response but I'm always willing:)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally brought tears to my eyes. I agree with you 100%, Sil. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is isn't it? A symbol of humanity and a symbol of the divine in us all.
    I cry too every time I watch this. And Kevin (who doesn't cry) but in his manly way listens reverently (as you so well put it Jen), every time he sees this clip.

    ReplyDelete